Monday, April 25, 2011

This is going to be a long one...

Sorry this one is a bit lenghthy but hopefully I covered everything well enough.
Well, we survived wilderness training! It was so challenging but also so rewarding. Daniel and I are so happy we went when we did because the weather could not have been better. A huge thunderstorm came through and wiped out any pollen in the air on day one. For those of you who have allergies you know how much of a blessing that is. Day two was perfect with temperatures in the 70s and a light breeze. Night ops was the best part of our weekend! We both loved night ops. Sunday, Daniel and I were leaders of our team and were successful in finding and rescuing our "missing person". We gained so much knowledge and confidence over one weekend!
This past week Daniel and I have been working the dogs quite a lot. They love getting out and working and I can't imagine doing anything else with them. Both Fury and Kaiser are trailing with a scent article. We've been working on hard surfaces, distractions and turns. Daniel and I are learning so much too. Part of the trailing training includes how to handle your dog. Even something as simple as a tug or change in speed or tension on the lead tells the dog something. Lots of things to learn for sure but Daniel, Fury, Kaiser and I are all enjoying it so much.
Two exciting events happened at our house this past week. Neither of them were really happy but thanks to Dave Ramsey and our seriously depleted emergency fund we should be ok. First of all, we almost had 2 electrical fires at our house. It is an older house and I think it was wired wrong the first go around. Thankfully, my husband is amazing and he was able to get the issue under control with the help of his dad and brother Brendon. Secondly, Edna died. Edna is our 2004 Honda Civic. She has over 220K miles on her and we drive her everywhere. She is in the shop until tomorrow so until then we are having to work out a driving schedule with the Rowans. They are so good to share their two vehicles with us. I guess it's a good thing that Dad Rowan, Brendon and I all work in the same building.
Before I go, I would ask that you to keep me in your prayers tomorrow (Tuesday), I will be going to a different doctor tomorrow and I'm not sure what to expect. Thank you.

We will serve the Lord,
Daniel and Kelsey Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment