Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days of South Carolina

January 10, 11, and12, 2011

Monday morning it snowed! Of course in South Carolina five inches calls for a city-wide shut down, so Daniel and I began out wonderful day off! It felt almost like vacation because Daniel and I haven't spent that much time together alone and in one place in a long time. We decided to walk to the store since driving was certainly out of the question. We got the pups all geared up for the snow (which only entailed a nylon collar) and we were out the door! It's times like these that I miss Vermont. If we were in VT right now and we had a day off of work then Daniel and I both agreed that we would be hitting the slopes (Smugg's). Daniel and I haven't gone snowboarding/skiing together yet, and I don't want our first experience to be on Beach Mountain's hill of ice. So, I guess I'll just have to get Daniel up to New England soon. To be quite honest, I have already planned a ten day vacation to New England and listed all the places I want to take Daniel. Now all that needs to be done is plugging in those vacation dates; however, I have a feeling that this trip will not be happening for a while. Someday I will take Daniel to VT and show him where I grew up but for now SC and lots of pictures will have to do. 
Tuesday, after the five inches of snow fell, we were then showered with freezing rain which created a 1/4 inch of ice atop the freshly fallen snow. Since all the snow was trapped under the ice I figured that the pups would not enjoy it as much but I was wrong. They enjoyed it just as much if not more than before because when they stepped onto the icy snow it broke the ice and made noise. Our dogs being the pups that they are attacked the ice and carried it around in their mouth and then proceeded to eat the ice. It was a great form of cheap entertainment for Daniel and me. Due to the snowy weather, classes on Monday and Tuesday had been cancelled for Daniel. This is good, and this is not so good. It's great that Daniel had some time off to rest up and study a bit but because school was cancelled Daniel has to make up two tests and two quizzes on Thursday and Friday.
Today, Greenville seems to be a bit more alive, Daniel and I are back to work this afternoon and things are picking up to their usual speed. I'm starting homework today and I'm already swamped with a huge project at work, due tomorrow! I am so thankful that the LORD never gives us more than we can handle!

We will serve the Lord,
Daniel and Kelsey Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment