Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We're Back

It has been a while I know. Lots has happened since I last got on here. Daniel and I were finally able to wrap our hands on a cheap, used and very loved computer! Again I will do my best to keep up with posts but the quota for that New Year's Resolution is unfortunately out the window. What can I say . . .  New Year Resolutions were made to be broken?
Well, I guess I should start with my beloved husband. Daniel has been successful in his EMT-B training and was able to pass the national certification. He has completed his state paperwork so that he can be a practicing EMT-B in SC. Yesterday, he started his EMT-I (now being called EMT- Advanced or EMT-A) class. There have been a few changes to the curriculum this year (almost 200 hours were added). Daniel received his books for the class and I must say that they are a lot bigger than any of the Nursing books that I've ever see. I guess this should make us feel very comforted. If Daniel was called to an emergency of your friend or family member, then you would want to know that he was well educated for the task. I'm so proud of my husband!
Next, I guess I should update you on our kids. Fury and Kaiser are doing very well. Daniel are Fury are now members of Foothills SAR and are training hard for future certification. Kaiser and I are not yet officially members but hope to be soon. Recently, Kaiser completed a 13 hour aged trail; now I only hope that I will be "up to par" for certification soon. Fury and Kaiser are learning fast but with most dog teams it's not the dogs you have to train and train and train, it's the handlers. Both Daniel and I have to keep reminding ourselves to "Trust the Dog". It has been a learning experience for us all and we thoroughly enjoy our dogs, our training and our team at Foothills SAR.
I started a full time job in May and absolutely love it! I work with ten other ladies and I'm the youngest there by about seven years. I tell them that I was hired to keep them young but after working with them these last few months, I think I was hired to grow up. I have learned so much from everyone at the office and I'm very thankful that I accepted a full-time job there. I'm not in school this semester but plan on taking classes in the Spring. Until then, I am enjoying my free evenings and weekends away from school books and online classes.
FYI: In ten days Daniel and I set sail on our very first cruise experience. We will be taking lots of pictures and hopefully posting them soon after our trip. Talk when we get back!

We will Serve the Lord,
Daniel and Kelsey Rowan

No comments:

Post a Comment